Sunday, July 3, 2011

{ summer fun list - #8 }

Summer Fun List #8 - Create a signature summer cocktail
Most of the time my beverage choices are pretty plain & simple, so this summer I wanted to create a new summer cocktail. After seeing a recipe for a Black & Blue Mojito, made with blueberries & blackberries, I decided to change it up just a bit and use raspberries instead of the blackberries. It turned out to be exactly what I had envisioned...refreshing, fruity & delicious...and just perfect for the Fourth of July weekend.

3 raspberries
10 blueberries
couple springs of fresh mint from garden
1 oz simple syrup (I purchased mine from the liquor store for convenience but you can simply make your own)
1 oz lime juice (I used Rose's lime juice)
Using a muddle, smash berries & mint with juice & syrup.
2 oz white rum (I used Oronoco)
Add rum to berry mixture & stir. Add crushed ice to serve.

No comments: